In just under an hour I will be turning 23. It’s the first time in my life I actually feel like I’m a year older and like I’m actually a grown up (despite my unhealthy selfie habit). I am very excited to embark on the next year of my life, I feel like it will be a good ‘un. Listening to Taylor Swift’s 22 on repeat, I compiled this list, in no particular order, of 23 things I would like to accomplish in my year of being a 23 year old. 23 for 23!
1. Create the most beautiful, interesting and well researched thesis
2. Run a 10km fun run!
3. Hold an exhibtion of my work
4. Record an EP (or at least one of my songs well)
5. Lose 10kgs and maintain it; feel fit, healthy and amazing
6. Write a letter to someone I love, once a month
7. Perform at a gig
8. Get a piece of writing published
9. Finish my portfolio of work
10. Start networking; network, network, network
11. Create and publish a zine
12. Start an architectural blog
13. Apply to intern at Archdaily
14. Read 10 books
15. Host a dinner party
16. Volunteer somewhere, anywhere! Be good!
17. Print and frame my architecture photos from Nepal, Tibet and Europe
18. Join Architecture + Women NZ and NAWIC
19. Learn how to make ice cream
20. Learn how to bake bread
21. Learn how to knit
22. Plan a new overseas adventure
23. HAVE FUN!!!
For this last half an hour though,“I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 22…”