Hey friends! Thank you for letting me share my body image story with you. I hope it gave you some insight into who I am, where I have come from and what I am aiming to achieve. Today I thought I would update you on how I am going with my journey.
- I have been eating really beautiful, healthy, vibrant wholefoods that are good for me; lots of vegetables, fruit, lean protein, wholegrains and some healthy fats.
- I have been putting a lot of effort into making my food look good as well as taste good, and I’ve been taking time to enjoy my meals rather than rushing things down.
- I have been really successful with limiting treats to once a week and I will continue to do so until I feel more comfortable separating treats from regular, good for me food.
- Writing everything down has been almost religious but helpful, and I’ve been tracking my moods as well. I know I need to eat a good, filling breakfast otherwise I get grumpy and ravenous in the evenings. I also noticed that I was drinking way too much coffee so I have cut back from one to two a day to only three this week. I call that a success! Write everything down guys! I can’t preach this enough.
- I am loving The Minimalist Baker Blog for healthy snack and treat ideas. Go check them out! (Their PB bars are incredible, make them… guys, I just love peanut butter SO much)
- I discovered Blogilates (pilates taught by Cassey Ho on YouTube) and I am following the Beginners Calendar. I am partway through week two and I am not only loving it, but I am also feeling stronger, fitter and more confident with my body.
- The weather here in Wellington has been so exceptional, so I have been out walking at every opportunity.
- This increase in exercise has made me so energetic, happy and confident. I am sleeping better and I am standing taller. You don’t have to do much, but just moving a little more than usual is so beneficial!
- My energy levels are insanely good, my mood is so positive and I am incredibly motivated. I am happy, and that is more than I could ever have asked for.
- Last Sunday I had lost 700g. The scales aren’t everything; I am feeling stronger everyday!
As you can see, I am a very happy little chipmunk indeed. My goal for the week is to continue exactly how I am going, because I am doing great! Go team!