- You pick up new and exciting hobbies. Like knitting. Or adult colouring in.
- The Snapchats you get on a Friday night from your friends are either of them in bed surrounded by cats with face-masks on, eating pizza and watching Friday night TV or playing board games.
- You go out to a club and feel like the oldest person in the room. Because you are.
- You can’t differentiate between a 21 year old, an 18 year old and a 16 year old. They just all look so young, care-free and HOW ARE THEY SO WELL DRESSED.
- You would rather spend time in bed by yourself than go out to an event where you know, you probably wouldn’t know anyone and it’s like, pretty cold outside.
- You leave events at 10pm sober AF because you have work the next day. Adult=responsible.
- You can’t eat whatever you want and be lazy all the time. Your new best friends are healthy eating and exercise. And binge eating Dominos and brownies. Balance, man.
- Your friends all move away, on to new and exciting things i.e. jobs and relationships.
- House parties aren’t a thing anymore. They have been replaced by board game evenings, relaxed dinner parties, GoT viewings and movie nights in.
- The only time it is acceptable to get ruckus is at a BYO dinner/a wine tasting.
- Blue cheese, mushrooms and red wine all taste delicious now. Sign of maturity or dying tastebuds?
- You use the expression “youths” to describe groups of teenagers.
- You stop finding the joy in messy binge drinking and start finding joy in a single glass of fine wine, limited edition craft beer or a top shelf spirit.
- You appreciate “moments” in your life. The “moment” you met your soul-mate, the “moment” you received a promotion, the “moment” you got kicked out of a bar after three drinks for being “too drunk”.
- You realise you have far fewer but better friends, a stable income, a roof over your head, an ability to cook pasta and a Netflix subscription. Congratulations, you’re adulting now.